On Sunday, I adventured around Costco for the first time in a long time! Thanks Uncle Randy for the membership.
Browsing through the isles there was so much I wanted to take home but know I have absolutely no room to yet because my current townhouse seems to have the smallest freezer on earth! I can’t wait to live with Nick because he has a large chest freezer, but shhhh don’t tell him that.
For Christmas I got a crockpot and pressure cooker and am eager to use them to make some yummy food! Yesterday I found so many good deals on food and household items and I didn’t even make my way into the clothes.
Buying in bulk does pay off!
A few items I picked up included:
- Mixed Nuts for $17.99 for 2.5 lbs. These are my favorite for snacks!
- Asparagus for $7.99 for 2.25 lbs. This saves around $1.44 lb from buying at Fred Meyer and I haven’t been able to find a better deal!
- Rotisserie Chicken – For only $4.99 per chicken this is unbeatable and really the best flavored chicken! I use this on everything and anything from sandwiches and salads to chicken quesadillas.
- You can also now buy the rotisserie chicken already pulled off the bone and in a bag now! You receive two 2lb. bags for just under $10.
- Gala Apples for $6.49 for 12 apples. I usually eat half the apples and then dehydrate the other half!
- Butternut Squash for $4.99 for 2 lbs. This comes in a container and is pre- cut which is really handy! I need to look up some recipes for seasoning this.
- Mixed Peppers – I picked up a 6 pack for about $6 dollars, this is about the same price as the grocery store but these are much fresher than the regular grocery store!
- Kirkland Non Stick Spray – 2 large cans for less than $5
There was so much I wanted to pick up, but because I share a fridge, pantry, and kitchen with two other people it wasn’t practical enough just yet! Lately I’ve been reading a lot of other blogs about Costco and saving money buying in bulk.
On weekends I spend barrel racing, I really live off of Costco turkey rolls, apples, bananas, and a good costco salad. There’s something about Costco having the best salads from their deli! My favorite thing about the Costco deli is the fact that their meat is NEVER dry!
Some meals I’ve made this week with my findings included:
- Roasted asparagus and butternut squash in olive oil, black pepper, and garlic salt with rotisserie chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Fajitas – thank you Pinterest!
Stay tuned for more blog posts on my Costco finds!